Monday, July 13, 2009

let's give it a go.

So, not only am I supermomish, I'm also superbloggerish. As in, not super at blogs at all. I think I have internet ADD. I get sucked into one thing after another and then can't keep up! Oye.

I want a blog I can be proud of. I am mostly proud of this one. I'm completely honest here. I was thrilled like never before with everything that I could make this blog be. But while I dig being semi-secretive and anonymous, after a while I want to get a little more personal. Say names. Show pictures. Share it with people I know in real life. At which point it all falls apart because I already have a site for that. Open Diary, ever hear of it? I've been there, faithfully, since 2001. I write almost every day (sometimes multiple times a day), and I've made friends there. Friends that I know are reading me - friends that actually KNOW what my interests are and what my daily life is like, what my cat's name is, what my favorite color is. So do I really want ANOTHER outlet like that? Sigh......I don't know. I love this blog, I do....I LOVE IT! I don't want to leave it. But I feel like it's this great thing I'm going to go and ruin by slathering it with my personal life rather than just my daily happenings in well-thought-out form. (At Open Diary, I write as if I'm having a casual conversation with each one of my readers....while here, it feels more like story time). And if I just start coming out with it, I WILL be found. These friends of mine are no idiots - they will discover who I am, and pretty soon I will no longer be able to just shout it out and say whatever without consequence. Or at least, without pissing off people I know personally.

What to do, what to do.

This much I know. Open Diary has a lot of drama floating around right now - mommy cliques and people with their panties so far up their butts they can taste them (ew). People who are trying way too hard to be things they're not. Which, is why THIS blog is so appealing even though it means breaking my 8 year loyalties. But on blogger, I feel like an idiot. I don't have flashy contests and things....I don't really have any connections here. While there's drama at OD, there is also community....that so far has gone unmatched. It feels comfortable there. (Even though, I pay $24 for a year there....and nothing here...hmmm....)

Maybe this. Maybe....I go on a bit of an OD hiatus. Only going there when I absolutely need to spew some nonsense. I put my bloggy efforts into this lovely place, get organized to a point that I can love it as I do OD, and see if I'm happier here. It could very well be worth it. The thing is, though.....in order for me to "let go" of OD...at least enough to make supermomish my priority, I'm going to need to be open about who I am. So, let's do this introduction thing, shall we?

Ahem. My real name is Jenn. I will be 1/4 of a century old next month (eeek!). My husband's name is Matt and we were married on August 11, 2007. My son's name is Lukas (though we usually call him Luke, Lukey, Luker, Lukey-poo, Little Man, or Chubs). He is 6 months old now. We have a cat named Odin who is 5 years old. We live in Charlotte, NC but we are from Buffalo, NY. We own our home and are currently trying to sell it so we can move back to Buffalo - hopefully this year. I am a SAHM, and my husband works for a major bank (one of the majorist). I love reading, scrapbooking, and cooking. I have an addiction to buying/collecting books and spending time on Charlottemommies.com. I have special soft spots for the March of Dimes & the SPCA - both of which I've been contributing to for a while now.

How's that for dry and boring? :)

Well, now you know. I'm going to get to work on organizing this thing and I hope to turn out something I love (and can stick to) and I hope you'll join me for the ride!

1 comment:

  1. It's all going to fall into place for you here. I promise you that there really is a wonderful community in blogging that you will feel just as connected to in time. I have made so many wonderful friends through blogging and continue to do so.

    It's so nice to "meet" you and I look forward to the ride! :)

    ReplyDelete